Friday, May 17, 2013

Something that makes me uncomfortable..

So today I am talking about things that make me uncomfortable.
People.
Yes, people.
I am shy.
And although I like the idea of a chatting with groups of people in theory.
In reality,
it's scary stuff.
I have tried to overcome this.
If I am waiting in line,
 I try to strike up a conversation with with people around me..
or the cashier.
9 out of 10 times this turns out horribly awkward.
And actually the last time it wasn't awkward,
and I was really happy with the exchange,
thought I may have brightened someone's day,
I realized I had forgotten to put on my wedding rings..
So cashier guy probably was mistaking my friendliness.
So again.
awkward.
So somewhere out there is someone answering the question of
"What makes you uncomfortable?"
With this
"Random blonde woman trying to talk to me in the check out line."
Full circle.


2 comments:

  1. I have battled with this for years. Hate big crowds, awkward one on ones, but there is a sweet spot of maybe two or three where I really feel God's light shine.

    ReplyDelete