Monday, August 27, 2012

You got this...


It was the perfect storm..
Pushing the 3 kids around..
in those Jumbo carts at Target..
They were peaceful and well behaved..
And then..
the storm hit..
Jack pulled Ari's hair..
she was screaming because it hurt..
he was screaming because he hurt her..
and Gibs decided at that moment 
He needed to pee...
and not only did he need to pee..
He felt the need to scream this fact at the top of his lungs..
along with 
"I THINK I MIGHT PEE MY PANTS"
lovely..

And that moment..
a woman walked over and smiled..
I was waiting for some encouragement..
some
"been there, it's ok."
Instead I got
"Bet your wondering why you decided to have that 4th."
nodding at my very pregnant belly.
I am going to assume she was trying to be funny
 and thought we both would have a good laugh..

We didn't.
She got a fake smile.
Or a grimace..
Not sure exactly what my face did...
but my hand didn't slap her..
so that was good.

And I felt inadequate..
Like really, am I crazy?
It's easy to feel that way as a mom..

When it's 3 am and the baby just screams and won't sleep..
When your kids disobey..
Tantrums are being thrown..
You lose your temper..

The debate about..
bottle feeding
 breast feeding...
co sleeping..
cry it out...
schedules...
discipline..
Stay at home..
Working moms.

It's easy to feel like you just aren't good enough.
No matter what you do,
it will be wrong.

Luckily, grace steps in..
And the truth is..
You are their mom...
You were chosen to parent those children...
they were chosen to be your babies...
You aren't going to do everything right..
Some days your kids are going to go insane at Target..

But you got this...
You are their mom..
and by God's grace
You can handle it....
Because He made you uniquely..
He made your kids unique...
And His Grace is sufficient..

And if you see a mom or dad struggling in the store..
smile...
say something encouraging..
and if it's Court or me
buy us a Starbucks..
deal?






3 comments:

  1. if I saw you I would have bought you starbucks! I am so sorry that lady said that to you. Know this. You were MADE to be a mom, made for it! I see the joy in your children's faces and my heart just smiles when I read your blog posts. This fourth baby is just going to be another piece in your wonderful families puzzle, a perfect piece.

    Praying for you.
    Know that you have this
    and know that we are not supposed to know that we have this so we are able to lean on the Lords grace even more for what we don't think we have (not sure if I am making sense, but Judah has been sick all day so I don't think I am making sense right now) ;-)
    but you have this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me cry!!! You're the best Kara, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making me cry!!! You're the best Kara, xo

    ReplyDelete