Thursday, August 23, 2012

Momma and Baby Jack



I am a bit emotional lately..
we could blame it
on nagging allergies that won't quit..
not sleeping great..
or the fact that I am 9 months pregnant..
Nah.
the last one probably has nothing to do with it..
I am not emotional at all when I am pregnant..
(that loud gagging sound you heard just now was my husband supressing his laughter)

That little boy is my baby..
(I call all my kids my babies, but the two older ones roll their eyes like teenagers. And then I say in the creepiest voice possible "Love you forever, like you for always as long as I'm living my baby you'll be" and then they shriek with 1/2 laughter, 1/2 fear. It's a good time)
But he is the baby.
Around our house you will hear..
"Don't leave that there the baby will get it."
"Shh the baby is sleeping"
"EW THE BABY POOPED!"
It doesn't matter that he is the 2nd biggest child in our house.
Our 4 year old little girly weighs less than him..
He is our baby.

Then come sometime in September..
there will be another little baby..
And even though my heart is bursting with joy..
I feel so blessed..
But
He will not be the baby baby..

bittersweet..
I love our family now..
And I will love when it changes too...
I am thankful for each child..
and each time they got to be the baby baby..
Seriously get this pregnant woman a cookie..
she is losing it.

Anyone felt this way?
A little scared of the change?
A whole lot excited too?
It's normal.
Right?




3 comments:

  1. this made me laugh and smile:) thanks for sharing! can't wait to see pictures of your newest little sweet pea:) much love from california, love Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! After reading this post I am sure you won't be surprised at all that I cried at your last post.. Seriously I am all set with the crying :)

      Delete
  2. awww this also made me laugh and smile but also made my heart feel sad that one day Judah won't be the baby anymore. I guess thats why I am semi fearful about having another baby. How could I love another baby as much as I love him and I don't want to miss out on everything I have with just him.

    ReplyDelete