Monday, July 30, 2012

Have yourself a good ugly cry..

Since I am 34 weeks pregnant..
I find no shame in admitting that I cry..
a lot..
Happy tears..
Sad tears.
 Nostalgic tears..
We are out of ice cream tears..

My first pregnancy all this emotion freaked me out..
I remember lying in my closest late for work,
crying because I couldn't find my other shoe..
IT WAS IN MY HAND.
I was a little bit on the cray cray side.

Now I am thankful for these moments..
(not the completely crazy ones that have strangers avoiding your  aisle in the grocery store)
(I am afraid to see people I know in the store, not because of my 3 kids behavior mind you, but because I don't want anyone to see me crying over which yogurt to buy)
I am thankful for the moments..
when my heart is tender..
and my emotional basket case self..
latches on to something..
something that if I was "thinking clearly"
or being rational might just get a
"oh that's cool"
 emotional Kara
is so beyond  "that's cool"
I am full force ugly crying,

-This post, the line "all of these situations are pointing us to our one true hope. your hope is not in getting out of suffering as fast as you can. no. press into your suffering and put your hope in Him." 

-This commercial.. My kids are probably never going to be Olympic athletes.. (you can thank your Mom and Dad for not having any athletic ability for that. You're welcome) But I am shaping them.. every little tasks I do is ministering to them, showing God's love, sharing the gospel, forgiveness.. Tasks are not just tasks. 

-This Kid's Bible.. every time I read the kids.Sometimes I feel like I am hearing a familiar story for the first time.  

There are many many more things..
-Basically anything my kids do that could even remotely be described as cute.
-All the Olympic commercials.. why oh why must they tug at the heart strings, don't they know the only acceptable time to have emotional commercials is at Christmas time? Didn't Folgers send them the memo?
-Looking through the kid's old clothes that I am sorting through... when did they get so big and why did I get so blessed?
-Jackson loves to hold Aria's hand.. and I, apparently, love to ugly cry when I see him hold her hand.

Sometimes God allows our hearts to be tender..
so we can see His love, His blessings in the everyday..
And sometimes we ugly cry in the process..
It's all good.

2 comments:

  1. Love this:) It is wonderful when we feel the full weight of the beautiful things and appreciate them! thanks for sharing:) love Katie

    ReplyDelete