Thursday, May 10, 2012

Birthday quotes from a Birthday boy

My oldest child turned 5 on Monday.
Oh My.
I am going to blame the fact that the birthday posts are late because I am in denial..
I like that idea..
I am also going to blame my dirty house and piles of laundry..
on denial too.
Sounds like a plan to me.

Here are some birthday quotes my big 5 year old said on his birthday...

"Momma, I am eating a sugary cereal for breakfast and cupcakes tonight.. can you please feed me healthy food for lunch and dinner?"
Apparently 5 is the new 30.

"I have wanted to eat frosted flakes my whole life and today I can."
Dramatic much.


"Ari, you don't have to clean up, no one can get in trouble on my birthday. It's a rule."
No, it's not.

"Um, I don't think Birthday Boy's have to take naps, it's a rule."
Please show me this rule book of yours.

Me:"Goodnight buddy happy birthday!"
Gibson:"Thanks, I'm 5 now."
Me:"Yes, you are. Does it feel different than 4?"
Gibson:"Actually yes. I feel like I can run faster than I ever could before."
Me:"That's good buddy I bet you can. Good night"
Gibson:"Goodnight Momma. Are you going to rest now?"
Me"In a little bit, I am going to finish the dishes first."
Gibson"WHAT?! Put Daddy to work! You have to rest to get all the pain off. You are growing a baby!"
And then after seeing how funny I thought "PUT DADDY TO WORK" was he proceeded to keep saying it.
Apparently I mention that I am "in pain" to much...
And despite what it sounds like Court does more than his fair share of work around the house..

Gibson:" Tom Brady is a great name. Let's name the baby Tom Brady. It's a very handsome name."
Me:" Buddy, the baby is a girl."
Gibson:" Um, okay then we can call her Girl Tom Brady."
Problem solved.



Buddy,
You makes us laugh.
 You bring such joy to our lives.
 You have such a tender heart towards people and God.
Your Daddy and I love watching you grow..
We love the person you are becoming.
This is our prayer for you
Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever.
Daniel 12:3
That your sweet, strong spirit will lead many to God.
We love you Gibson Daniel!

3 comments:

  1. Awe I love his heart, Happy Birthday sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute:) i laughed pretty hard reading this while eating my breakfast! your family seems really adorable! where in NE do you guys pastor a church? i'm from California, but spent a few months traveling around NE with work on winter, and just fell in love with it (well, all except the cold...brrrr!) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love my Gibson...He makes my heart smile...

    ReplyDelete