Thursday, March 29, 2012

Someone was playing with my camera..




When your pregnant or have young children..
strangers are always eager to share little tidbits..
like GRAPHIC details of their horrific labor experience..
sweet anecdotes like
 " Sleep now once that baby is born you won't sleep again until their 18"
or
"They are cute now, but wait until their teenagers"
"All 3 kids so close together? Good luck sending them to college!"
"So close together they will fight like cats and dogs."

Rays of sunshine.

The truth is..
yes, my kids can bicker..
but right now their squabbles are so comical I have to fight not laughing..

Aria will tease Gibson by singing the wrong words to his favorite song..
One Way..
(I linked it in case you haven't heard it, and because I didn't want to be the only one with that stuck in my head all day)
(your welcome)


She will sing
"2 ways to Jesus.. 500 ways to Jesus"
Which will have Gibson screaming
"NO!!!!!! THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO JESUS..ONLY ONE WAY TO NEW LIFE"
Which Aria responds with an even louder version of
"2,000 WAYS TO JESUS"
And I am left trying not to laugh so hard that I can't even parent properly.

They also have a phrase they made up..
Stinky Wana..
Which they will call each other when they are really mad..
I am not sure what it exactly means..
but one time I jokingly said it..
and both of them burst into tears..
that's not a good sign.

And the big insults around here are..
You look like a wall..
You are a carpet.
Table face.
And other insults revolving around household items..

It's pretty comical.
And even though I have to seriously respond..
tell them calling people names isn't nice..
we are suppose to be kind and loving to each other..
God wants us to love..
I really want to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all..

Getting mad about things that are clearly not true..
clearly don't mean a thing..
clearly made up..

Then they usually forget all about it..
and go steal Goldfish crackers out of the snack cabinet.

And then it hits me.
I am ridiculous.

How many times do I get offended..
by things that aren't true..
lies..
off handed remarks by strangers at the grocery store (ahem)
Words that don't mean a thing but I allow to hurt...

And I want to fight back..
But this person said..
This person did..

and God is saying
"You know it's not true"
"You know it doesn't mean a thing"
"Love like I have loved you"
"Forgive like I have forgiven you"
"Stop getting offended so easily"

Sometimes we need to stop being Stinky Wanas..
Stop allowing made up things have more power than the truth..
make amends with people who have offended us..
(or who we have offended)
and then
steal goldfish fish from the snack cabinet..
(or whatever the appropriate reaction is in your age range)








2 comments:

  1. love love love and really needed it, as i awakened with some of those thoughts in my head ... be still and know that I am God are words I can hear now, so off to slumberland for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS is an amazing post:) Just found your blog and am excited to start following! and SO true taking things personal...really spoke to me, thank you:) love Katie

    ReplyDelete