Friday, March 30, 2012


Another Pregnancy means another round of awful bathroom mirror pics..
I can hear your cheers from here..
side note my bathroom mirror isn't dirty it's the camera effect that I am using..
Or..
I am using that camera effect to hide my dirty bathroom mirror..
details aren't important.

Anyways, this was me at 14 weeks..
Funny thing is I didn't really tell anyone to about 16..
Yeah, like it wasn't obvious.

The summer of last year..
We were shopping in the happiest place on earth.
Target..
When Aria started putting girl clothes in our basket..
Now this isn't abnormal..
She has inherited the shopping gene from.......Court..
umm yeah.
The unusually thing was..
she was putting tiny little baby girl things in the basket.
Now Ari Belle has had an uncanny sense
 of what her clothing size and her shoe size was since she could walk..
So it was odd..

"Ari, those aren't your size sweetie."
I said.
"I know, it's for Jackson's baby sister."
She replied.
"Jackson doesn't have a baby sister, you are his big sister."
I said because arguing with a 3 year old is productive.
"No, I am Gibson's baby sister, these clothes are for Jackson's baby sister."
She insisted...and that girl can INSIST
Just then Gibson piped up..
"Oh yeah, we are praying for a baby sister for Jackson."
"Oh...ok..umm...wait.. WHAT?!?!"

Sure enough, they were praying for a sister for Jackson..
Aria and Gibson are so close they wanted
and I quote
"A baby sister best friend for Jackson."
Sweet right?
And scary.

Now they insist the baby is a girl.
They vetoed all our baby nicknames
and insisted on calling the baby "baby sis".

Even this morning I heard Gibson in the kitchen..
stop mid conversation with Court..
and prayed
"Dear Jesus make the baby a girl, please.Amen."
And then go back to discussing video games or something

We went back in forth about finding out the gender of the baby..
but decided we will find out..
so we can ease the kids into the idea of a baby brother..
if that turns out to be the case..
The truth is..
girl or boy..
That baby will be loved..

I can't believe the sweetness my kids have already shown to the baby..
the love that they have for him or her..
I really have amazing kids...

Another side note..
Yes they are amazing and loving..
but lets be real real...
Yesterday I fed them a dinner they were none to happy about..
I asked Gibson to pray for the food.
After "Amen" I said 
"Buddy, you forgot to thank God for the food."
His reply..
"I know."

Yep
 wonderful but REAL kids.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your kids are to SWEET and how amazing would it be if its a girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet lady! I found your blog via I love you to the moon, and am so glad that I did! I love finding sisters in Christ who blog; it's like finding a diamond in the rough. I'm your newest follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete