Friday, January 13, 2012

The Sickness

Our house is diseased..
Ok, that was dramatic..
But it is.

All 3 of the children
are sick..
and on top of their sickness..
They all had pink eye too.
And then I got it too.

Diseased I tell you.
8 eyeball,
that need a drop in each,
4 times a day..
too much for this horrible math person to figure out..

It's a lot.
The first time we did Aria's eye drops..
She screamed like crazy..
Seriously,
screaming,
yelling "STOP HURTING ME"
awesome.
I was traumatized more than her..
Then a few hours later,
"Aria, it's bedtime"
"Mommy, don't forget my eye drops."
Really?
Could she actually be sit still this time?
Not scream?

Nope,
she screamed still..
and adding flailing around like a dying fish to her repertoire.
I love that girl,
spunk and a half.
(Now after a few days she let's me put eye drops in like it is her job)

Since the two oldest are feeling better,
and because they have be confined to a house for a week,
we have brought in their tricycles for them to ride.
Yes, it's just as bad of an idea as it sounds.

We also have let them play video games and watch tv,
because that is the only good thing about being sick,
But now we are detoxing them and trying to get them back into a normal schedule,
Yes, it's just as bad of an idea as it sounds.

Slowly we are getting back to normal.
I am thankful I get to stay home with them,
Because sickness, craziness, tantrums and all..
I love those kids.

(side-note: I think Ari is ready to get back to normal too, she took one look at my face today and said "Mommy, let's do makeup." Honesty is her policy.)

2 comments:

  1. awe man I am so sorry you all were sick! I've never ever had pink eye but I heard its the worst. You need an amazing mama award for putting drops in all your kids eyes!

    Ari is to cute! I love her spunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is one of my favorites Kara. You are awesome. You make me laugh and always know what to say and how to say it. And you are an inspiration as well.

    ReplyDelete